[meteorite-list] Where are the main masses?

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

Is there a reference resource available that lists where the main masses
(or, in some cases, the largest remaining piece) of falls and finds
currently live? I've been slowly trying to track down pieces of finds and
falls from Ohio (my birthplace) and Hawaii (my current home state), only
to find that there is very little information available. Many times, the
only thing I've found is that Meteorite X was found (or fell) on this date
in this location... nothing more. Lots of meteorites seem to disappear
into oblivion once they get catalogued, then they are never seen again.

Thanks,
Tracy Latimer
--"Everyone eventually gets what's coming to them... except when it's in
the mail." Murphy's Law Calendar--