[meteorite-list] A geological wonder

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:14 2004

Hello all,

Today I received, via email, a scan of an article in the monthly
magazine of the National Speleological Society, describing the
exploration of the Cave of the Giant Crystals by Richard Fisher and his
efforts to obtain good photos in tough conditions. The photos we've
seen so far, including those in the Geotimes article posted to the list
by Frank Cressy, those in the Discovery News article posted by Michael
Masse, and the photo I sent yesterday, were all taken by Fisher. The
Speleological Society article contains still more impressive photos by
Fisher. In this day and age, seeing is certainly not always believing,
and crystals of this scale are perhaps unprecedented. But the cave does
exist and the photos show the real deal and not digital wizardry.

Best wishes,
Charlie