[meteorite-list] Origin Of Sydney Fallen Ice Chunk A Mystery

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:36 2004

Sorry, but chances are good that this really was terrestrial in origin.
AS a former student pilot, I can vouch for the fact that it doesn't take
much to create an ice buildup on a plane, often under circumstances that
don't seem likely at all to create ice. And light planes (the likely
culprit) don't always stick to established flight paths, especially if
they need to dodge inclement weather. I'd be curious what the weather was
like in the area around Manly.

Or maybe it came from a leaky tank on a jet. Anyone familiar with the old
story about the "Icy B.M."? :-)

Tracy Latimer