Naming NWA [meteorite-list] THIN SECTION SALE

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:36 2004

Geez franco, thanks for letting me and the rest of the meteorite world know
that. Getting names has been a big topic of conversation for years. (Like
how to get stuff classified). Now we all know how to get a name for our
meteorites. Thanks franco for your insight. I dont know what the world would
do without you.
If anybody wants to see the other meteorites that I have named see my NWA
website:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/moroccomaindat.htm
My HTML skills are a little lacking but I get the job done.
The meteoritical society has reserved a block of NWA names for my use with
my moroccan meteorites and I put names on the ones that I want subject to
the criteria as set my the meteoritical society. The meteoritical society
gets all of the details and records it. (As much detail that is available to
NWA meteorites. Since I dont make up data some is obviously missing and as
we all know the data that the nomads give is smetimes not collected in
proper scientific fashion but thats the best that we have so its what the
meteoritical society goes on - the reason for the NWA name in the first
place and not a proper place name). So franco if you ask the meteoritical
society for the names NWA302 and NWA304 which are the names of my two babies
they wont give it to you.
My names are of course "provesional" and wont appear in the bulletin until
they get classified - which some (Including NWA267 and NWA301 and a bunch of
others that I am sending off tomorrow) will get done.
I still need classifications for 20 or so. If any institution is interested
in doing them please pick the ones that you wish to do from my list. (267,
280, 281, 284 and 300 and higher are already done or are booked for
classification and will hopefully get into this years bulletin if it gets
done quick enough)
I have sent this website with my NWA names to this list several times in the
past.
I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings that one of the french may
have but please feel free to contact me if you have other questions.
Sincerely
DEAN