[meteorite-list] Moroccan slice

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:38 2004

Hello list,

Want to share a picture of what is probably just a brecciated Moroccan
but is really cool. I am new to slicing my own meteorites and am
getting quite a thrill.

http://www.bmts.com/~tett/Images/morocco1.jpg

The top half is a very light brown matrix with some metal. Perhaps and
L5. Does show nice chondrule definition under a scope. The top half
also is stained from rust. The meteorite does have a very think black
fusion crust and so would probably not have laid in the desert too
long. The bottom half is a dark gray matrix with no chodrules
apparent. Imbedded in the matrix are darker clasts which look very
glassy.

I would appreciate any guesses as to what this darker stuff could be.
Of course this is difficult from looking at just one image but guesses
would be fun all the same.

Cheers,

tett