[meteorite-list] SENTENCE IN MOON ROCK SCAM

From: Doug <meteor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:39 2004

Steve wrote:
>My question to you is, how would one know that it is an "obvious fraud?"

Part of the reason it was an "obvious fraud" for me was this mans clumsy
use of aliases, but just on the face of it, an unsolicited offer of
material that should not be available... the unverifiable nature of
specks did not really enter into it.

In Tucson I heard that someone was selling "simulated" meteorites which
without a microprobe were impossible to tell from the real thing... so
maybe the specks have gotten much bigger...

Here is my next question:
If Steve Schoner was offering "certified" specks of his most precious
meteorite would you buy it?

I would.

Doug