[meteorite-list] 15 minutes worth of fame...

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:39 2004

I put up a small exhibit at the library where I work of meteorites in my
collection and related books. The kids seem to like them, and I've seen a
couple of adults making nose prints on the glass. Last week, the local
paper did a writeup on the exhibit. It attracted a lot of favorable
publicity for the library, and I've been contacted by a few other people
on Maui who collect meteorites, but there has also been the fringe
contingent. I've been approached by people who believe the meteorites
have "power" in the New Age sense, and a couple of people who have obvious
meteorwrongs (and they don't want to hear otherwise.)

Anyone have any kind one-liners for deflecting people intent on a
discussion of the spiritual qualities of meteorites, or confirming that
they HAVE a meteorite(wrong), neither of which I am really qualified to
do?

Thanks,
Tracy Latimer