[meteorite-list] are dealers collectors and etc...

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:41 2004

Hello Eveyone:

To me, a dealer is someone who:

Has a business license.
Pays local, state, and/or federal taxes on sales.
Depreciates inventory.
Offsets capital gains with loses (hopefully not too much)

A collector is someone who does not engage in the above.

One can be a dealer or collector or both.

Being unfamliar with the tax laws of other countries, I restrict my comments
above to only US citizons.

-Walter

Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites