[meteorite-list] Mir

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:41 2004

The question is... will anyone be close enough to the projected reentry
path to catch any? Last time I looked, MIR was scheduled to deorbit over
the south Pacific, "far away from Waikiki" as the song goes, or anyplace
else inhabited for that matter. Doubtful we'd even be able to see it go
down from Hawaii. Probably the fishies will be collecting MIR pieces, not
humans, except by vast good fortune.

Anyone have an update on MIR's reentry that changes matters?

Tracy Latimer