[meteorite-list] Alain Carion's shop

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:42 2004

Hi Mike and List,

> Anyone who goes to Paris should stop by Alain Carion's shop on Ile St.
Louis,
> just across from Notre Dame, it is a beautiful little old island with many
shops
> and boutiques, small cafe's etc. Alain and Louis have a great little shop
with
> lots of minerals, fossils and of course, meteorites.

Through a curious twist of time-reversed fate, I found myself
in Alain Carion's shop in late fall of 1998 while window-
shopping on Ile St. Louis. What makes this an odd coincidence
is that it predates my interest in meteorites by at least
6 months! I don't even recall seeing a meteorite while I
was there (nor Alain, for that matter -- he was probably in
the desert).

When I did finally meet Alain in Costa Mesa, CA last year,
I told him this story of "ships passing in the night," and
promised to return to his shop next time I'm in Paris. (Indeed,
I would probably try to stay at the Hotel Ile St. Louis, which
I checked out when I was there -- very cute. Considering the
small size of the island, it can't be more than a couple blocks
from Alan's shop.)

Cheers,
Rob