[meteorite-list] Answers and questions

From: ari machiz <a_machiz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:42 2004

Hi list,

Thanks for the quick responses to my last question.

I have receievd answers to the questions that follow,
but I would like to get some more opinions. If I must
use multiple answers for these particular questions, I
would like them all to be thorough. I don't want to
leave newbies asking questions about the answers
given.

How do I know if newbies will have questions to an
answer given you ask? Because I don't know didly, and
that is the class of person I represent. If I don't
get it,...

The person who ultimately views these answers is going
to be looking for clear, concise, thorough answers. If
you use odd terminology (for a newbie) consider
whether or not you should briefly explain the term.

Oh, and please respond off list. To date, the only
time I got responses ON the list was MY fault for not
requesting that I get all responses off list. Y'all
have been great about that.

Enough yammering bub, on with the questions!

1. I have been told that when stone meteorites lose
their fusion crusts it is almost impossible to tell
them apart from terrestrial rocks. What type(s) of
terrestrial rock are being referred to?

2. What are the common "meteorwrongs" that are found?

Thanks to all!

Please hit reply or respond to:
Ari_at_Mediaright.tv