[meteorite-list] "Antartic" meteorite for sale on Ebay

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:43 2004

--------------5452EFA1256D47F85707B59D

Dear John and List;
John, you're correct, the guy seems to be an idiot. I can not believe for
the life of me why Ebay continues to allow such improbable and complete
hoax's to continue....I almost think that they like the fraud....I wouldn't
buy much from ebay from the bad company they allow to sell there.
I shall not purchase from ebay unless I know the party from our list.
I feel that the auction reflects very badly on the meteorite community and
Ebay.
Sincerely,
David Freeman ( this may be forwarded to Ebay, if you can figure out how
to get it there)

John Gwilliam wrote:

> Hello All,
> Here's everyone's chance to get your very own meteorite from Antarctica.
> I'm too busy laughing at this one to get angry yet.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=574497494
>
> The description says:
>
> "THIS IS A LARGE IRON METEORITE, IT MEASURES 3 1/4" X 2 3/4". IT WEIGHS
> ABOUT 5-8
> POUNDS. A FREIND OF MINE, IS A SCIENTIST AND FOUND IT AT THE
> ANTARTIC. I ALSO
> HAVE A LARGER PIECE ABOUT 30-50LBS, AND I AM TAKING OFFERS. THANKS
> AND GOOD
> LUCK BIDDING ON THIS PIECE."
>
> Hopefully no one out in cyberland will take this seriously.
>
> Fraudbuster...............where are you;-)
>
> Best,
>
> John Gwilliam
> John Gwilliam Meteorites
> PO Box 26854
> Tempe AZ 85285
> http://www.meteoriteimpact.com

--------------5452EFA1256D47F85707B59D

Dear John and List;
believe for the life of me why Ebay continues to allow such improbable&nbsp;
and complete hoax's to continue....I almost think that they like the fraud....I
wouldn't buy much from ebay from the bad company they allow to sell there.
and Ebay.
you can figure out how to get it there)
AND FOUND IT AT THE
AND I AM TAKING OFFERS. THANKS