[meteorite-list] Sharing Information On Bidders/Sellers On Ebay

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:22 2004

I've been extremely fortunate in never having encountered a "bad deal" in
meteorites on ebay; maybe because I tend to buy mainly from the
established dealers with good records. Every so often, someone posts to
the List about having encountered a dealer selling questionable goods.
Sometimes the same name pops up repeatedly (about every 2-3 months I see
another broadside against romansells.) If anyone wants to maintain a
list of scammers, I wouldn't say no, but I think that as long as the List
is so vigilant about posting warnings, it would be unnecessary.

Tracy Latimer
--endlessly amused at some of the creative name-calling--