[meteorite-list] A WHOPPER FROM DEMING, NM

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:23 2004

Hello List and Steve,

This guy is great. His definition of a meteorite is a stone which he
calls
a meteorite. Wonderful!! I think I will do the same.....

I am now going to go in my back yard and collect some lunar meteorites.
Will get them up on ebay later tonight.

Cheers,

tett

> HELLO AGN MR SHONER,
> I HAVE BEEN DOCUMENTING THE RESPONSES I'M GETTING FROM ALL YOU
> SCIENTISTS
> OR SCIENTIFIC TYPES AND THIS IS FURTHER PROOF OF WHAT I'M SAYING. MY
> CLAIMS
> ARE THAT I HAVE SENT YOU EIGHT SAMPLES SO FAR AND THEY WERE ALL
> METEORITES
> AND YOU TYPICALLY WERE 100 % WRONG IN IDENTIFYING THEM.WHAT YOU PEOPLE

> ARE
> LOOKING FOR IS BEYOND ME, IT IS AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE WHEN

> YOU
> SEE ONE. YOU PEOPLE HAVE MADE A MOLD IN YOUR MIND OF WHAT A METEORITE
> IS AND
> IF ANY SAMPLE DOES NOT FIT THAT MOLD , THEN IT IS'NT A METEORITE
> -PERIOD!!!.
> THEN AS YEARS GO BY THIS MOLD GETS A LITTLE BIGGER AS YOU PEOPLE
> GRADULLY
> WAKE UP. WELL MY MOLD IS AS BIG AS THE UNIVERSE AND I'M NOT BLIND TO
> REALITY
> OR SWALLOWED BY FICTION SO I TEND TO RECOGNIZE A METEORITE WHEN I SEE
> ONE.
> JUST WISH YOU WOULD OPEN YOUR EYES, YOU HAVE MORE METEORITES IN YOUR
> METEORWRONG PILE THAN YOU HAVE ON YOUR GOODY SHELF. I'M NOT LAUGHING
AT
> YOU
> GUYS, I'M REALLY SORRY FOR YOU . TRUTH IS UNSHAKEABLE , UNDENIABLE,
AND
> OFTEN STRANGER THAN FICTION , HOW YOU HANDLE IT IS DEPENDANT ON THE
> PERCENTAGES OF CERTAIN TYPES OF METEORITE MATERIALS YOU CONSUME IN
> YOU'R
> DAILY DIET, I SUPPOSE, AND YOU ARE REALLY A PRODUCT OF THE STARS MORE
> SO
> THAN YOU REALIZE. BEST WISHES, : Arthur
>

> > meteorites_at_space.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello folks, just thought I would share with you a real whopper
from
a guy in Deming, NM. I get hundreds of e-mails at my meteorite
identification site ( http://www.geocities.com/meteorite_identification
)
per month, but this is one of the best thought I'd share it. The text
is
all in upper case and with the spelling as he sent it.

> > > BTW-- This person was all bent out of shape after I told him that
the
rocks he sent me for identification, were not meteorites: