[meteorite-list] Weathering Grade

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:24 2004

Eucrites DO contain metal and sulfide, albeit not much. But I agree that
it would be very hard, if not impossible, to tell what fraction of a number
that is nearly zero has been corroded. You can consider weathering grades
less than 5 (where silicates get altered) of metal-poor meteorites to be
basically useless numbers.

jeff