[meteorite-list] Phoenix lights OT

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:39:47 2004

Hi Ari,

>From what I've learned from astronomy I do believe that
there may be life (probably some intelligent) in the
Universe but it seems very unlikely that any intelligent
life has come here in space ships just due to the distances
(time) we are talking about. Since scientific knowledge is
growing every day we may one day have a different
understanding about space travel but for now I think life
forms may be all on our own little isolated islands in the
Universe. Now if life could develop on several planets in
the same solar system at the same time, then perhaps travel
would be possible. It's all very interesting to speculate
about -- like the poster says, *I want to believe...* :-)
I'm sure some of the more advanced astronomers on our list
may have other ideas and opinions on this.

Ginger