[meteorite-list] My S-A

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:05 2004

hello all,
Well, I am amazed with the information you have all pulled out from the
questions I asked re the labels on my S-A (and Geoff's too, of course!).
Firstly, I too want to thank Rob Wesel for giving me the opportunity to
possess not only such an interesting provenanced meteorite, but also a
really fine looking one too - I will soon get some pics of it on my website
to show it off!

So, in summary, it seems beyond reasonable doubt that these are labelled by
the Russian Academy of Science and that they were likely to have been
collected by Krinov, if not the first expedition, but a second one in 1967 -
does this seem to be a fair assumption?
I also wanted to add that the rust (or 'terrestrialisation' as I pompously
called it to my wife) was very superficial and came off with the lightest of
brass wire brushing and a little WD-40 - I don't know whether Geoff's
cleaned his up or not). It is what I would expect for a lump of iron to
have if just lying around for 50-odd years in a box.

This is what the list does best, in my opinion - unpacking facts from scant
evidence!

Bernd - I do not know how you find the time to disinter such wonderfully
obscure and relevant information!

Thanks for all of that. Really.

--
In gentle decay,