[meteorite-list] Open letter

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:05 2004

Ron,

I would love to see it, and for years I and many others have tried-- but after so many abortive attempts, I remain skepical that such an association can be made.

For as soon as one presents or endorses a "charter" that person and those that support it will be labeled "price fixers"-- "communists"--"racketeers" and other things....

To many conflicting interests, and not enough co-operation will be the downfall of any such endeavor.

I think that it will take a government threat to our hobby here in the US-- Canadian, or Australian type meteorite laws to bring it about.

Whether that happens remains to be seen, and when it is seen-- it may be too late.

Steve Schoner.
AMS