[meteorite-list] ebay question]

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

 --------------
Roman wrote:
> User "libertyforall" was selling a 1500g Chinga.
> At 45 minutes to go, he had 10 bidders, it started at $9.99
> with no reserve, then at $176.91
> When I looked back after the auction ended,
> I was confused to see that the auction had been re-listed
> with a "go to item now" link. Now starting at $9.99 with
> a buy it now for $425.00
> What did I miss? Didn't he get the bids he wished, and ended
> prematurely?
> Roman Jirasek
Hi Rob, Roman and all,
        I didn't know it was even POSSIBLE to "pull" a piece off eBay
under ANY circumstances (HOW does one do that???) Isn't that
TOTALLY against eBay rules? It is certainly against auction rules,
which, I believe, are LEGALLY BINDING "contract" laws regarding
auctions. I would expect an auctioneer to be liable to be arrested
ON THE SPOT and taken to jail if he pulled that crap! If there is
no minimum and no reserve, the FIRST BID ON has legal claim
to that item! An auction IS a contractual agreement to sell!
        WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
        Sincerely,
        Michael Blood (knows his stuff re auctions - but, obviously,
doesn't know didly about how screwed up eBay may be!)

--
Be more or less specific.