[meteorite-list] Tucson Show Advise

From: Meteoriteman_at_aol.com <Meteoriteman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

     Hi Gregg: If you wish to focus on Meteorites and fossils, then you
should concentrate on meeting the dealers and seeing the wares at three
locations:
1) The Ramada Inn/University; 1610 N.Oracle Rd 520-623-6666
2) The Best Western Executive Inn; W.Drachman St. 520-791-755......
     The two above can be visited by parking at either, as they are a short
walk across the traffic circle from each other.
    Then , just up the street from these two is the:
3) Innsuites Hotel; N.Granada Ave and St.Mary's Rd.-520-622-3000
    Most all the meteorite folk's can be seen at these three locations, and
if you have limited time, these three locales will about cover it best for
you.
    If you have substantially more time, then the city of Tucson has about
29 locations for everything from beads/lapidary/jewelry to whatever you can
imagine.
    Keep a watch on this list...as there is usually several updates as to
hotels and room numbers for most of the meteorite dealers.
    Rooms are getting harder to find dailey, now. They still have about 10
rooms at The Rodeway Inn (about $98.00/night) right on I-10 at Grant Rd
(520-622-7791). Not fancy and no restaurant...but PLENTY to eat nearby, and
easy travel between shows. The shuttle also runs through there.
    The other hotels mentioned are booked-up, with only several rooms put
aside for last minute dealers (by Marty Zinn 303-674-2713).
    If you would like to meet Al Lang and me (Jake)...you can find us at The
Best Western. I will only be there from Feb 5-9 (Long enough for Michael
Bloods auction!) as I then must get back to New York for another
comittment...but Al will be there, and open, for the entire show.
    I hope this is of help, and that you enjoy the experience of Tucson. It
is a wonderful show and very educational if you are not shy, and ask
questions!
    Travel safe and enjoy.
    Very best regards; Jake
     Jake Delgaudio
The Nature Source
Meteorites and Fossils
Queensbury, NEW YORK 12804
website: www.nature-source.com
email: meteoriteman_at_aol.com
email: mammoth357_at_aol.com
Phone:(518) 761-6702
Fax; (518) 798-9107
Proud member of:
The Meteoritical Society and
The Paleontological Suppliers of America