[meteorite-list] Tucson 2002 - Announcing the Big Party

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:11 2004

Dear Friends and Fellow List Members:

I'm very pleased to announce that Steve Arnold and I will be hosting
our Third Annual Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash in Tucson, Arizona, on
Saturday February 9, 2002 from 8 pm until 1 am.

For those who are new to the List, I'll briefly mention that Steve
and I are old pals, and have participated in numerous meteorite
hunting adventures together. At some point we discovered that we
share the same February birthday, and began throwing an annual
meteorite community party during the Tucson show. For the past two
years, El Charro has been our venue of choice, but with a guest list
that now includes meteorite hunters, dealers, researchers,
collectors, writers, and enthusiasts from about ten countries and all
parts of the U.S., we've had to move to larger quarters.

We're delighted to be holding the 2002 event in the large private
function room at La Fuente -- a superb Mexican restaurant, walking
distance from both the Ramada Inn University, and the Executive Inn.
La Fuente is already a favorite with many of you and, for most of us,
it's also much easier to get to. They also make excellent margaritas.

We'd like to stress that new List members, and first-time visitors to
the Tucson show are enthusiastically invited and most welcome! This
is a very informal (but very lively) gathering, and a unique
opportunity to meet Meteorite List subscribers and like-minded
enthusiasts from all over the world. It's a party -- not a structured
sit-down dinner -- but great food will be available all night and we
will have a private cash bar open until 1 am.

A special invitation will be mailed out in early January so please
RSVP by email to Geoff, with your postal address.

Michael Blood's annual meteorite auction will take place on the
evening of Friday Feb. 8, and Darryl Pitt's Macovich Collection
auction will be held on the morning of Sunday Feb. 10, so this is
definitely THE weekend to be in town.

We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

Sincerely,

Geoff Notkin and Steve Arnold

Photos from the 2001 Tucson party:

http://www.notkin.net/tucson/tucson-5.htm