[meteorite-list] glorieta

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:11 2004

Steve kindly wrote about the the Glorieta Mountain meteorite:

> There is in my mind no doubt that the two types are from
> the same meteoroid, and that Glorieta is a very unusual meteorite.
>
> I have in my collection one blue black fusion crusted 1.5 kg iron that has at
> least a dozen olivine crystals showing.

Hello Steve and all,

I have a couple pictures of Glorieta Mountain showing large regions of
etched iron with only a rim of classic pallasite-looking olvine intermixed
in the iron matrix.

The images are in the Gallery at the Meteorite Exchange at:

http://www.meteorite.com/gallery/glorieta_mountain.htm

I agree with Steve when he said "Glorieta is a very unusual meteorite."

Cheers,

Martin