[meteorite-list] Leonids

From: Jim <Jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C17039.53DCA360

Well, I just got home from viewing the Leonid's in the mountains of =
eastern West Virginia. It is a wilderness area with little population =
also so there is virtually no artificial light. The Ohio River Valley =
where I live was covered in dense fog on Friday night so I figured I =
better make the three hour drive to the mountains. Boy, was it worth =
it. A good choice also as my neighbor just told me the fog was like pea =
soup last night.

The period from 4:45 to 6:00 was the most intense. I counted 100 in a 6 =
minute period. There were many times when as many as 5 were in front of =
my face at one time. Many trains also. They were still streaking as =
the sun started to brighten the sky. I caught a couple of hours sleep =
in the back of my Jeep and then headed for home. Definitely one to =
remember!!!

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

Catch a Falling Star Meteorites
http://www.catchafallingstar.com

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C17039.53DCA360

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Well, I just got home from viewing the Leonid's in the mountains of =
eastern=20
West Virginia.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is a wilderness area with little population =
also so=20
there is virtually no artificial light.&nbsp; The Ohio River Valley =
where I live=20
was covered in dense fog on Friday night so I figured I better make the =
three=20
hour drive to the mountains.&nbsp; Boy, was it worth it.&nbsp; A good =
choice=20
also as my neighbor just told me the fog was like pea soup last =
night.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The period from 4:45 to 6:00 was the most intense.&nbsp; I counted =
100 in a=20
6 minute period.&nbsp; There were many times when as many as 5 were in =
front of=20
my face at one time.&nbsp; Many trains also.&nbsp; They were still =
streaking as=20
the sun started to brighten the sky.&nbsp; I caught a couple of hours =
sleep in=20
the back of my Jeep and then headed for home.&nbsp; Definitely one to=20
remember!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Strope<BR>421 Fourth Street<BR>Glen Dale, WV&nbsp; 26038</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Catch a Falling Star Meteorites<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.catchafallingstar.com">http://www.catchafallingstar.co=
m</A><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C17039.53DCA360--