[meteorite-list] AP NEWS STORY / LEONID METEOR NEARLY HITS FAMILY

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:13 2004

Hi all,

I went and read the story. They are taking it to the Field Museum for Dr. Wadhwa to examine
on Wednesday. From the look of the specimen they were holding up it looks pretty rough to
have been a fresh fall. Color was wrong and looked more like a conglomeration of rocks in
the piece shown close up. They did say the rocks were cold but it wasn't real warm outside
and that would or could explain that. Also with the heavy fog, water was dripping down off
the trees and other things. I heard water dripping on my van outside when I was checking the
sky to see if it would clear. It was foggy all over Indiana (report from my fellow observers
who did drive to see the shower). That might explain what they heard or perhaps if they were
being noisy outside at that time of night it might have been a neighbor protesting :-)

--AL