[meteorite-list] Impact Melt meteorites

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:14 2004

Bernd and List,

Are there any good references which describe the visual characteristics of impact melts? A quick glance through Norton's and McSween's books
show no references in the indices.

I have a few Saharan meteorites which have large gray sections which are very homogeneous showing no visible chondrules. These sections are
boarded by distinct chondrule laden sections. What should I look for to determine if these meteorites are in fact impact melts?

Cheers,

Mike Tettenborn