[meteorite-list] OT: Aurora Borealis

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:14 2004

Hi Dave,

Well, our snow moved on east and I was watching for aurora
last night since I knew there was a fairly good chance we
could see it in Colorado. Last time I looked out was at
0345 and I didn't see a thing. Then this morning I hear
that one of our local astronomy club members was out imaging
at 0515 and did see a very beautiful display but he also
said it only lasted about 10 minutes. I missed it, of
course. After two great displays this year, I really can't
complain much though. From what I've seen on the charts on
Today's Space Weather http://www.sec.noaa.gov/today.html
looks like things are subsiding.

Ginger