[meteorite-list] No virus, just telescopes

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:14 2004

Yesterday my husband and I just purchased a sweet little Meade from
Costco, the ETX-60AT. We had bought one as an early Christmas present for
one of our friends, (the one with the hot tub, sort of a quid pro quo)
 and got to use it during the Leonid shower. The
review was: if you know something about what you're looking for, but don't
want to go to the effort of actually figuring out where it is precisely.
or if your eyes are kinda bad (like mine) and would have trouble scanning
for some of the dimmer deep sky objects, it's fantastic. Closest thing to
live point-and-click astronomy we've yet seen. The moons of Jupiter stood
out clearly, and so did the rings of Saturn. And it's MUCH more portable
than our beloved but bulky Meade LX-10, the "trashcan on a stick." Gotta
love the preprogrammed controller! We left it running while we watched
the meteors, and 2 hours later, it still had Jupiter locked in the
crosshairs.

Currently at our local Costco, $129. If you need a small easily carried
but nice telescope, I highly recommend it for the price.

Tracy Latimer
--sorry 'bout the shameless plug, but we love our new telescope!--