[meteorite-list] Site updates, Ebay, Virus, etc.....

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:14 2004

Rick to save time I am sending a copy of what I sent to others....Here are
some of the detail of the Virus that is spreading fast and can NOT
be stopped by the usual methods but is VERY EASY TO INDENTIFY.

I am send this to others off the Meteorite list and apologize to the list
for sending this off topic message....HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE RUN OF THE
MILL VIRUS.

We sell on Ebay and receive about 100 emails a day, our client base is being
infected at an alarming rate. IT IS MUTATING and now carries invalid email
addresses as camoflage. I know this as I have been in contact with email
admins around the country.

AGAIN MY APOLOGIES TO THE LIST, BUT ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE AND A FIREWALL WILL
NOT STOP IT!

The virus that I spoke of is spreading very fast. You will recognize it when
you highlight a message in your inbox and it immediately tries to open a
file. Your Email should ask before opening any type of file without an
extension...if not you are f**ked.

As soon as you highlight the infected email it will open the popup window
and ask whether to open or save to disk. The file it will show has been
pretty consistant and is EA4DMGP9p no extension is given. It has mutated
and now carries an attachment with it. The last 2 have carried ATTO1137.txt
and ATTO1156.txt with a size of ZERO bytes.

IT IS ALSO CARRYING OLD EMAIL ADDRESSES THAT NO LONGER EXIST AS WHO TO REPLY
TO.

This thing is spreading like a wild fire. IF you get an email that when you
highlight it it immediately asks to try to save it or open it....cancel the
box and delete the file.

Anyone in my immediate family and friends with questions please feel free to
call me....Scott you may get this warning twice and I apologize.

Anyone on the list call contact me off the list and I will tell you what I
know.

PLEASE WARN EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

Bright Blessings to all,

Mark