[meteorite-list] Award for Honesty in Salesmanship - Butt-ugly meteorite...

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:10 2004

--------------90FB4EBE338A7F03417A50A0

I gotta unload it somehow and figured, like drivers passing by an
accident, folks are compelled to look at the grotesque. Some regulars
placing bids too. Ron, what are you thinking, another piece for the
backyard sludge garden? I just hope it holds up another 5 days.
Rob Wesel

Nick Gessler wrote:

> I was amused to see the following on eBay:
>
> Butt-ugly meteorite...about a kilo
> Campo de Cielo- Iron (IA) coarse Octahedrite- Chaco, Argentina... .
  This great meteorite was first discovered in 1572 by Spanish
  Conquistadors in Gran Chaco Gualamba, now Chaco, Argentina near the
  Paraguay boarder. Now for a few guarantees. I guarantee that this is
  the above stated find. I guarantee it is butt ugly and slowly wasting
  away to nothing. I have it listed as "about a kilo". That's what it
  weighed a few years ago when I bought it. I guarantee it will be
  around for the next five years, just return dust for a full refund. I
  guarantee it will make a mess. I guarantee that now matter how much
  you try to stop this from rusting you will fail. And hell, I'll ship
  it for free in the US. Actual size is 4"X2.5"X2" and it hasn't lost
  all that much over the years with frequent brushing and some WD-40.

  Item #Item # 1014021746

  Should we present an award, or what?
  Enchanted Treasures should take this approach as a model.

  Cheers,
  Nick

> Show your support at the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund -
> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/PKAXFNQH7EKCX/058-5084202-7156648

--------------90FB4EBE338A7F03417A50A0

<HTML>
I gotta unload it somehow and figured, like drivers passing by an accident,
folks are compelled to look at the grotesque. Some regulars placing&nbsp;
bids too. Ron, what are you thinking, another piece for the backyard sludge
garden? I just hope it holds up another 5 days.
<BR>Rob Wesel
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Nick Gessler wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;I was amused to see the following on eBay:

<P>Butt-ugly meteorite...about a kilo
<TABLE BORDER=0 >
<TR>
<TD WIDTH="624">Campo de Cielo- Iron (IA) coarse Octahedrite- Chaco, Argentina...
. This great meteorite was first discovered in 1572 by Spanish Conquistadors
in Gran Chaco Gualamba, now Chaco, Argentina near the Paraguay boarder.
Now for a few guarantees. I guarantee that this is the above stated find.
I guarantee it is butt ugly and slowly wasting away to nothing. I have
it listed as "about a kilo". That's what it weighed a few years ago when
I bought it. I guarantee it will be around for the next five years, just
return dust for a full refund. I guarantee it will make a mess. I guarantee
that now matter how much you try to stop this from rusting you will fail.
And hell, I'll ship it for free in the US. Actual size is 4"X2.5"X2" and
it hasn't lost all that much over the years with frequent brushing and
some WD-40.&nbsp;

<P>Item #<B>Item # 1014021746</B>&nbsp;

<P>Should we present an award, or what?
<BR>Enchanted Treasures should take this approach as a model.

<P>Cheers,
<BR>Nick</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

<P>Show your support at the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund - <A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/PKAXFNQH7EKCX/058-5084202-7156648">http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/PKAXFNQH7EKCX/058-5084202-7156648</A>
&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>