[meteorite-list] Telescope (off topic)

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:11 2004

Try Astromart, but you really need to be knowledgeable about
astro equipment and know what you are looking for. I highly
recommend reading the information at the link Ron sent
earlier and calling a local astronomy club to go out for an
evening of observing and check out some scopes. Like
meteorites, there's much to know about choosing a
telescope. Lot's of folks don't do their homework and end
up with a scope that isn't right for them. They usually get
it right on the second purchase. :-) Here's the link for
Astromart. http://www.astromart.com/categories.asp Here is
another excellent link to some more information about
choosing a scope. http://www.sjaa.net/beginner.html Great
fun for those who like staying up all night out in the cold
to see some of the most awesome sights anywhere around. I'm
on my 4th telescope (still have 3 of them) and am now up to
a 14.5 inch Starmaster with all the goodies. Wonderful
scope!

Oh, I wouldn't buy a scope on e-bay and definitely not in a
department store like Walmart! Astromart is where most
amateurs will list their equipment.

Ginger