[meteorite-list] The Butt-Ugly Meteorite Has Found A Home...With One Of Us!

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:11 2004

<<Original Message ---From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_pcez.com:
Just a heads-up to let you know the butt-ugly Campo is moving on. To
Professor Hartman it went. >>

REPLY: Yes indeed. We invite a challenge, and will take on the oozing,
flaking, crackling butt-ugly Campo! We have tamed the Campos now listed on
our website at www.meteorite1.com and they are well-behaved, with their
ferric-etch, showing no rusting after many months.

Upon receipt, we shall immediately rush the BUM (butt-ugly meteorite) into
our M-ER , where it will be immediately cleaned and given stabilizing
injections and treatment. After a respectable period of time of observation
and evaluation in our meteorite intensive care unit (M-IC), we shall
determine the appropriate approach toward initiating a cure if, indeed, it
has the dreaded 'Lawrencite' disease (not really lawrencite, that name is a
misnomer). At the conclusion of appropriate treatment if the 'BUM' is well,
it will again appear on eBay as an endpiece and several beautiful (and
hopefully silicated ) etched pieces. (One endpiece will reside permanently
in the R. N. Hartman Collection of Meteorites as a testimonial to success.)

On the other hand, we realize that there are a few "renegades" among the
Campos that should be immediately dissolved in HCl with their residues
subsequently banished to a dark back room file. If that should be the case
you shall be keep informed! But we shall, however, give it our best
efforts and see what happens! :=)

Ron Hartman
James Hartman
www.meteorite1.com (meteorite sale and thin-section site)