[meteorite-list] 7 different Pampa meteorites in 33 km2

From: Rodrigo Martinez <benig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:12 2004

Hola Rob and List

The Meteorites found in the areas of high density that you cites have low
proportion of Metal?

a possible explanation for the particular case of the area PAMPAS, where
the 7 several meteorites are L is:

Pampas have been accumulated meteorites along their geological history like
any
other desert location but only the meteorites with low metal content L
have been conserved, since the deterioration of a meteorite in the time is
proportional to the metal content.

Best Regards

Rodrigo Martinez
Atacama Desert Meteorites