[meteorite-list] Rob's mystery meteorite

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:13 2004

Hello all-

A short time ago, I picked up several pieces from an old collector. In
one of the bags was a piece marked "Kybunga 18.9 grams" Now, a Kybunga
individual this size doesn't fit the desciption in the Cat O' Mets. This
was in a bag of various other Australian knowns and some unknown
"Australian irons". For your perusal, I have listed a photo of the
complete stone, as well as ground interior and fusion crust at 16X
magnification. I have my suspicions here but I want to hear your input
as to possible type or, even bolder, name. Just a professional OPINION,
I don't care to verify it with the already busy folks at the labs. The
only other thing I can tell you about it is that it has a VERY WEAK
magnetic attraction. Thanks, as always.
P.S. The previous owner was no help, awesome stuff, poor curation.

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/ra/rancor/.mids/Mystery.jpg
--
Rob Wesel