[meteorite-list] Star of Bethlehem Was Two Brilliant Meteors Says Sir Patrick Moore

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:55 2004

Please check if this event occurred in April, NOT December. Regarless of
what the Bible says.
IF Mary and Joseph were travelling to Bethlehem for the census and to pay
their yearly taxes...it would have been in the spring, around
April...normally the taxation time under Roman Rule. This would have been a
journey of great peril for a woman in an advanced state of
pregnency...Remember...NO HMO's, NO real Doctors.
The Romans typically called for census taking and taxation in the spring
when new born lambs were plentiful and could be used to pay taxes.

The christians adopted December as Christs Birth month many centuries after
his birth. Too many Cristioans at the time would partake of the Pagan
Solstice Holiday...it made them uncomfortable that their followers crossed
religous lines.

Just my 2 cents....I am however very interested in what can be found
recorded happening in the skies in the spring of that time period. The
chinese were far more accurate in their record keeping and Matthews Gospel
was written a couple of centuries AFTER the DEATH of Jesus.

Thanks...Mark