[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: spacerox_at_verizon.net <spacerox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

David Freeman wrote:

> Dear Mr.Meteorite_at_gmx.li;
> Part of list posting policy is to sign your email postings...please. Enquiring minds want to know...
> Signed,
> Dave Freeman

Hi Dave,
I could not find the policy you refer to:

-------------------------------------- General List Policies
---------------------

1. Posts need to relate -in some way- to meteorites 2. Be courteous
and professional at all times 3. Do not post -private messages- or
-personal attacks- to the list
   direct all personal replies to that person only
4. Please include the 'subject' of the post in the subject box 5. Send
emails in text format, not -HTML- 6. Do not send emails with -file
attachments- to the list (images, etc.)
   include a link to the file instead
7. Make sure you can back up statements with -facts and references- 8.
Do not post -major advertisement- emails to the list
   include a link to your 'sale' page instead
9.If you are posting a URL for a sale, include 'SALE' in the subject
box

Maybe it is an "unofficial" policy or maybe it is seen as "courtesy" to sign posts to the list, however some long
term members with long established "handles" or "screennames" that desire a modest level of privacy are known by
their handle and enjoy being known by their handle as a means of advertising it. I understand the desire to identify
unknown members but those of us with long established nicknames should be allowed to continue using them. Since the
"from" portion of the message shows who sent the message, signing each message is redundant.

Signed,
Spacerocks/spacerox (the old timers know who I am) (www.spacerocks.com)