[meteorite-list] Am-an-non-idity...

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:57 2004

Michael and all,

Strange that there are so few women collectors. I find that
when I take my rocks from space out to meet the public
(little kids and grown up kids) the little girls and women
are just as interested as the guys. I've found that we
women astronomers are a small group in the amateur astronomy
world as well. Several of my little irons are on a visit to
a school in Guffey, CO, with a friend who teaches a class
there. Makes me feel good to know that some kids and grown
ups will get to see them, hold them, and learn about them.
Especially neat since the Guffey meteorite came from near
this little mountain town. I debated with myself about
sending my precious piece of Guffey over with the teacher
but decided against it since I wouldn't be there to protect
it myself. :-) He will have a picture he can show them of
the Guffey and in the meantime they will get to play with a
couple of beautiful little Sikhote-Alin's and a wonderful
Mundrabilla which looks like a dinosaur.

Ginger