[meteorite-list] Report from New York

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:57 2004

Dear Listees:

Here in Jersey City we are just over a mile away from what was the
World Trade Center, and all of the eastern sky is covered with smoke.
We saw the second tower collapse from the bank of the Hudson. It was
a terrible sight. The entire area is being sealed off by police, as
survivors are coming out of Manhattan by ferry and brought to shore
near our house.

List member Darryl Pitt's office is in midtown NYC (several miles
north of the disaster), so we will hope and assume that he is okay.
List member Geoff Cintron works outside of NYC, and we assume the
same for him. We are okay here, but phone lines are swamped, so you
may not hear from us for a while.

I will keep this short, as we are trying to reach friends and
relatives in the area.

Geoff Notkin