[meteorite-list] Report from New York

From: Geoffcin_at_aol.com <Geoffcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:57 2004

--part1_161.bb1250.28cfa3d6_boundary

Dear Listees:

As most of you have seen, New York City, among other places in the US, has
been devastated by a terrorist attack. I've just gotten off the phone with
list member Geoff Notkin, who had a view of the World Trade centers as they
collapsed. I have a close friend working in that building, and have not
heard anything from him, but we are still waiting to hear if they were able
to evacuate some of the people working in the Trade Center before they
collapsed.

Everything is shut down here in the NY area, all the kids are being sent home
from school. The're are still many parents that work in the city that aren't
able to get back to pick up their kids. It's a mess here now, but that is
nothing compared to the tragic deaths of possibly thousands of people working
in the Trade Center, and on the airplanes that were hijacked.

Our hearts go out to the people who've lost loved ones today.

Geoff Cintron
Islandmeteorite.com

--part1_161.bb1250.28cfa3d6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Dear Listees:
<BR>
<BR>As most of you have seen, New York City, among other places in the US, has
<BR>been devastated by a terrorist attack. &nbsp;I've just gotten off the phone with
<BR>list member Geoff Notkin, who had a view of the World Trade centers as they
<BR>collapsed. &nbsp;I have a close friend working in that building, and have not
<BR>heard anything from him, but we are still waiting to hear if they were able
<BR>to evacuate some of the people working in the Trade Center before they
<BR>collapsed.
<BR>
<BR>Everything is shut down here in the NY area, all the kids are being sent home
<BR>from school. The're are still many parents that work in the city that aren't
<BR>able to get back to pick up their kids. It's a mess here now, but that is
<BR>nothing compared to the tragic deaths of possibly thousands of people working
<BR>in the Trade Center, and on the airplanes that were hijacked. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Our hearts go out to the people who've lost loved ones today.
<BR>
<BR>Geoff Cintron</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>Islandmeteorite.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_161.bb1250.28cfa3d6_boundary--