[meteorite-list] Message from Dalai Lama

From: Michael Casper <Michael_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:59 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C13C3F.D00B6B20

His Holiness The Dalai Lama's message to President George Bush
=20
=20
  Your Excellency,
=20
   I am deeply shocked by the terrorist attacks that took place =
involving four
 apparently hijacked aircrafts and the immense devastation these caused. =
It
 is a terrible tragedy that so many innocent lives have been lost and it
 seems unbelievable that anyone would choose to target the world trade
 Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington D.C. We are =
deeply
 saddened. On behalf of the Tibetan people I would like to convey our
 deepest condolence and solidarity with the American people during this
 painful time. Our prayers go out to the many who have lost their lives,
 those who have been injured and the many more who have been traumatized =
by
 this senseless act of violence. I am attending a special prayer for the
 United States and it's people at our main temple today.
=20
   I am confident that the United States as a great and powerful nation =
will
 be able to overcome this present tragedy. The American people have =
shown
 their resilience, courage and determination when faced with such =
difficult
 and sad situation.=20
  It may seem presumptuous on my part, but I personally believe we need =
 think seriously whether a violent action is the right thing to do and =
in
 the greater interest of the nation and people in the long run. I =
believe
 violence will only increase the cycle of violence. But how do we deal =
with
 hatred and anger, which are often the root causes of such senseless
 violence? This is a very difficult question, especially when it =
concerns a
 nation and we have certain fixed conceptions of how to deal with such
 attacks. I am sure that you will make the right decision.
=20
   With my prayers and good wishes
=20
   The Dalai Lama
   September 12, 2001=20
  Dharamsala, India

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C13C3F.D00B6B20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><TT>His Holiness The Dalai Lama's =
message to=20
President George Bush<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; Your=20
Excellency,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; I am deeply shocked by the terrorist =
attacks=20
that took place involving four<BR>&nbsp;apparently hijacked aircrafts =
and the=20
immense devastation these caused. It<BR>&nbsp;is a terrible tragedy that =
so many=20
innocent lives have been lost and it<BR>&nbsp;seems unbelievable that =
anyone=20
would choose to target the world trade<BR>&nbsp;Center in New York City =
and the=20
Pentagon in Washington D.C. We are deeply<BR>&nbsp;saddened. On behalf =
of the=20
Tibetan people I would like to convey our<BR>&nbsp;deepest condolence =
and=20
solidarity with the American people during this<BR>&nbsp;painful time. =
Our=20
prayers go out to the many who have lost their lives,<BR>&nbsp;those who =
have=20
been injured and the many more who have been traumatized =
by<BR>&nbsp;this=20
senseless act of violence. I am attending a special prayer for=20
the<BR>&nbsp;United States and it's people at our main temple=20
today.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; I am confident that the United States as a =
great and=20
powerful nation will<BR>&nbsp;be able to overcome this present tragedy. =
The=20
American people have shown<BR>&nbsp;their resilience, courage and =
determination=20
when faced with such difficult<BR>&nbsp;and sad =
situation.&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; It=20
may seem presumptuous on my part, but I personally believe we need=20
to<BR>&nbsp;think seriously whether a violent action is the right thing =
to do=20
and in<BR>&nbsp;the greater interest of the nation and people in the =
long run. I=20
believe<BR>&nbsp;violence will only increase the cycle of violence. But =
how do=20
we deal with<BR>&nbsp;hatred and anger, which are often the root causes =
of such=20
senseless<BR>&nbsp;violence? This is a very difficult question, =
especially when=20
it concerns a<BR>&nbsp;nation and we have certain fixed conceptions of =
how to=20
deal with such<BR>&nbsp;attacks. I am sure that you will make the right=20
decision.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; With my prayers and good=20
wishes<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; The Dalai Lama<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; September 12, =
2001=20
<BR>&nbsp; Dharamsala, India<BR></TT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C13C3F.D00B6B20--