[meteorite-list] The Tale of The Fire Ant (sort of an analogy....)

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:00 2004

Hello Craig,

Your analogy is a good one. Even to the extent that Diazanon will only
kill the soldiers and foragers of the colony but will not reach the
Queen, who will continue to produce more soldiers and foragers to
propagate the mound. Rather, a slow-acting bait is necessary, one that
the foragers will take back deep into the mound where it will reach and
destroy the Queen. This takes time and patience and you must supply
enough bait to do the job the first time or the colony will split into
multiple colonies.

Best wishes,
David