[meteorite-list] HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURCHISON

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:03 2004

--B_3084535422_656124

Happy Birthday Murchison. Still stinky after all these years!

In the latest issue of the Journal Science, there are two articles about
Tagish Lake totaling almost 6 full pages! There are many different
comparisons between Tagish Lake, Murchison, and Allende. The article really
shows how much different Tagish Lake is from other CCs.

In the 31 August issue of Science, there is a wonderful 2.5 page interview
with John Wood about his feelings that =B3After two centuries of dissecting
chondrite meteorites, meteoriticists aren=B9t getting any closer to
understanding them.=B2

And last year, there was an astrobiology article in Science with a picture
of a chondrule-filled individual taken by yours truly. I am impressed that
with all the science disciplines presented in the Journal Science that they
can devote as much time to meteorites as they do.

For you viewing pleasure, here is a link to a picture of my 100 gram
Murchison individual at the Meteorite Exchange site:

http://www.meteorite.com/gallery/mh_murchison2.jpg

When ever I dig it out of the airtight padded box it lives in, I can still
smell the organics, and it looks like it fell yesterday or maybe even today=
.

Cheers,

Martin

 on 9/28/01 3:02 PM, GShanos_at_aol.com at GShanos@aol.com wrote:

> Dear List Members:
>=20
> Today is the 32nd Anniversary of the fall of the Murchison CM2 Carbonaceo=
us
> Chondrite. One of my personal favorites. Take Care.
>=20
> Sincerely=20
> Greg Shanos=20
>=20
>=20

--B_3084535422_656124

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURCHISON</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Happy Birthday Murchison. Still stinky after all these=
 years!<BR>
<BR>
In the latest issue of the Journal Science, there are two articles about Ta=
gish Lake totaling almost 6 full pages! There are many different comparisons=
 between Tagish Lake, Murchison, and Allende. The article really shows how m=
uch different Tagish Lake is from other CCs.<BR>
<BR>
In the 31 August issue of Science, there is a wonderful 2.5 page interview =
with John Wood about his feelings that &#8220;After two centuries of dissect=
ing chondrite meteorites, meteoriticists aren&#8217;t getting any closer to =
understanding them.&#8221;<BR>
<BR>
And last year, there was an astrobiology article in Science with a picture =
of a chondrule-filled individual taken by yours truly. I am impressed that w=
ith all the science disciplines presented in the Journal Science that they c=
an devote as much time to meteorites as they do. <BR>
<BR>
For you viewing pleasure, here is a link to a picture of my 100 gram Murchi=
son individual at the Meteorite Exchange site:<BR>
<BR>
http://www.meteorite.com/gallery/mh_murchison2.jpg<BR>
<BR>
When ever I dig it out of the airtight padded box it lives in, I can still =
smell the organics, and it looks like it fell yesterday or maybe even today.=
<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
<BR>
Martin<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;on 9/28/01 3:02 PM, GShanos_at_aol.com at GShanos@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Dear List Members: <=

<BR>
Today is the 32nd Anniversary of the fall of the Murchison CM2 Carbonaceous=
 Chondrite. &nbsp;One of my personal favorites. &nbsp;Take Care. <BR>
<BR>
Sincerely <BR>
Greg Shanos <BR>
</FONT><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3084535422_656124--