[meteorite-list] copyright infringement

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:03 2004

Hello Szymon Kozlowski,

On your website at the following URL:

http://astro.ca.wsp.zgora.pl/~simkoz/meteoryt/index1.html

under the heading - klasyfikacji meteorytów - you provide a
classification table that is obviously copied from my own Systematics
webpage at my Meteorite Studies website, making only a few insignificant
changes:

http://www.geocities.com/dgweir/systemat.htm

What I understand the least is how you can place a copyright notice at
the bottom of your page with your "Simkoz" design logo. Do you know what
"©" means? I am flattered that you think my webpage is good enough to be
called your own but I also have a copyright notice on my page that I
believe takes precedence. And to add insult to injury, you don't even
include a link to my website on your links page! I would thank you for
reconsidering your improper use of my non-commercial website without
permission or due credit, or any significant input of your own, so that
you can make money for yourself. I will publicly reveal any copyright
infringement among members of our meteorite community to try to maintain
the level of integrity that the many well-designed meteorite-related
websites deserve.

Sincerely,

David Weir
Meteorite Studies