[meteorite-list] Lunar/Martian Meteorite Question

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:21 2004

Hello all

No magnetism, at least on that I have seen and in
collection. I have held in hand and tried with the
magnet the last found Martian meteorite and with the
magnet it did not come for null attracted
Regards

Matteo

--- Michael Groetz <mpg444_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello-
> Do the Lunar/Martian meteorites show any classic
> magnetic attraction? (ie: do they have nickel-iron
> content)?
> Am a little afraid to try it on the purchased
> specimens I own as I may loose them.... :-)
> I found a rock in the fields today that looks
> like
> the pictures in the new Encyclopedia of Meteorites
> book I received. Not magnetic- but long shot
> hopefull?
> (super long shot!!!)
> Thanks,
> Mike Groetz

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/