[meteorite-list] meteorite question

From: Jay Haynes <cdnastronomer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:21 2004

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hi list,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I was looking through my planetary geology textbook and came across thiss:</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>"In 1996 a meteor was observed to skip off our atmosphere, and slightly less then one orbit later it re-entered the atmosphere and landed in southern california."</P>
<P>Does anyone know which meteorite this is and does it display evidence from it skimming the atmosphere or was it ablated away from the second time around when it actually came through?</P>
<P>thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Clear Skies &amp; Happy Hunting,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Jay Haynes</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>IMCA Member #:6905</P>