[meteorite-list] KOEFELSITE (was: Garland meteorite)

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter.heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:21 2004

Hello George, Anne and List,

the Austrian rocks called KOEFELSITE
are NOT meteorites and they
are NOT impactites.

The impact origin of the Koefelsite was discussed, but could
NOT be confirmed. This rock was formed by earthly forces.

I have been to the site in Austria several times and have collected
samples as well. Everyone interested to study these rocks can
contact me off-list and I'm willing to send him/her a nice sample
for free (if he/she is willing to take over the shipping costs).

Dieter Heinlein, BML, Germany
www.meteorites.de