[meteorite-list] Ebay Tektite "wrong"

From: magellon_at_earthlink.net <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:21 2004

--------------51AD4B6F7A04C5F0C22F5558

Auction - AWESOME CANYON DIABLO TEKTITE 307.08 GRAMS NR
Descript - " The only thing I guarantee about this specimen, is that it is from
the heart of the Diablo Canyon Scatterfield! I firmly believe it to be a
"Tektite" (a mixture of meteorite/earth metals and silicates ejected from the
crater by the force of impact). No doubt the Fusion Crust and stress lines on
this Tektite are due to it being cast high enough in earth's atmosphere to have
experienced "reentry.""

Wow - A "tektite" that was ejected into space and still "landed" near the
impacting crater - neat trick! ( I don't even believe "it" is from Diablo
Canyon)
Best,
Ken Newton

--------------51AD4B6F7A04C5F0C22F5558

Auction -&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1089604606">AWESOME
CANYON DIABLO TEKTITE 307.08 GRAMS NR</a>
it is from the heart of the Diablo Canyon&nbsp; Scatterfield! I firmly
believe it to be a "Tektite" (a mixture of meteorite/earth metals and silicates
ejected from the crater by&nbsp; the force of impact). No doubt the Fusion