[meteorite-list] Rare Leighlinbridge for sale

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:22 2004

Hullo everyone,
I have (or very soon will have) a 1.548g slice of the last fall of the
Millennium, Leighlinbridge, Ireland, 28th Nov 1999, about 10pm...

For those of you who do not know the story of this stone then I suggest
http://fernlea.tripod.com/leighlin.html as your primary source!

The official and accepted classification is L6 of shock stage S3 and
weathering grade W0.

This stuff is the Meteoritic equivalent of the Elgin Marbles - The Irish
want it back but it was recovered by an English individual (you know who you
are!) and curated by an English institution.

The TKW is only 271g, and on a global scale Ireland is a small target to get
this last-millennial fall!
And only 40g have ever been released for sale - the remains are resting in
the Natural History Museum.

I am accepting the highest offer over $340 for this piece - not only that I
also have a BBC Radio 4 interview which is most interesting - I think the
er, animosity, towards us keeping this piece in England has upset some Irish
scientists.

Bite the cherry!

--
In gentle decay,