[meteorite-list] Re: meteorite pronunciation

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:23 2004

All,

Hey, if you thought Sikote-Alin was difficult, try a few astronomical names
like "Zubenelgenubi."

There is a web site which teaches one how to pronounce star names. It
spells the name out, gives the phonetic spelling, and if you click on the
little button you'll hear a nice female voice actually say the name a
couple of times.

Something like this could be done with meteorite names. That someone would
not be me, of course, as my tech skills are limited and my voice not sexy
enough.

"In space, no one can hear you mangle the names..."

Bob Martino Can you really name a star?
                                   http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
"I look up to the heavens
 but night has clouded over