[meteorite-list] Re: meteorite pronunciation

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:23 2004

As an expatriate Ohioan, do I get dibs on the Ohio meteorites or the
Hawaiian ones? My pidgin accent isn't that great ("Ho, brah, we got da
kine Honolulu an' da kine Palolo Valley") but I suspect that a decade and
a half in tropical climes has corrupted my flat Midwestern accent.
Besides, I only have 2 Ohio meteorites in my collection (Powellsville and
New Concord, although I'm always looking for more!) and 1 Hawaiian one
(Honolulu; Palolo Valley seems to have vanished off the radar for
collecting.) Does that have a bearing on anything? :-)

Tracy Latimer
p.s. Ron, any word on the returning NASA probe that may impact Earth? My
husband just emailed me the CNN article. I'll be standing out in left
field with my catcher's mitt!