[meteorite-list] Feb 9 Meteor Reports

From: Rick Nowak <internationalmeteoritesociety_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:43:54 -0500 (EST)

From: "Judy Young" <young_at_fcrao1.astro.umass.edu> |
Block Address | Add to Address Book

To: doug_at_trevallion.com, Erobertg@aol.com,
internationalmeteoritesociety_at_yahoo.com,
lmlucey_at_library.umass.edu, patrowan@aol.com,
PLUGTHATNICKLE_at_cs.com, ROBERT.D.MATSON@saic.com,
the_woodsman_at_prodigy.net, young@astro.umass.edu

Subject: Feb. 9 Meteor Reports

Dear Friends,

Each of you contacted me with a report or interest in
reports of
the Feb. 9, 2002 fireball and sonic boom. I have put
together all
of the e-mail reports I received, and in the next few
days I will
add several messages from folks who phoned in their
reports. Below,
I have copied the e-mail I received -- I have included
names and
e-mail addresses in this compliation so that those who
are interested
in recovering meteorites can follow up on the reports,
and so anyone
hearing of more information will know who to send it
to.

Thank you all for your patience.

Sincerely,
Judy Young

                ***********************************
                * Dr. Judith S. Young *
                * Professor, Dept. of Astronomy *
                * 620 GRC Tower B *
                * University of Massachusetts *
                * Amherst, MA 01003 *
                * *
                * 413-545-4311 (voice) *
                * 413-545-4223 (FAX) *
                * young_at_astro.umass.edu *
                * http://www.umass.edu/sunwheel *

"If we want to solve a problem that we have never
solved before,
we must leave the door to the unknown ajar."

                                Richard Feynman